Interior design doesn’t need to be scary or expensive. Sometimes a new piece of art or a fresh coat of paint can revamp an entire room. There are many ways to design your home to suit your tastes, and there are tips that any Canadian homeowner can easily implement. Canadian Living Magazine gathered insight from some of Canada’s top celebrity designers to get their expert advice on all things interior design – from lighting to artwork. You can view the entire article on the Canadian Living website, but we’ve highlighted 5 easy design tips that will improve the appearance of your home!
Easy Celebrity Design Tips
- A rule of thumb for choosing the right dining table size is to allow for at least 30 inches around all sides to allow walking by on all sides
- Mirrors are a great design tool to attract more natural light into the room. Additionally, they give the room the appearance of being larger
- Experiment with bright, bold front door colors. This is a fun way to add a pop of color and brighten up your entryway
- Dimmer switches as opposed to regular on-off switches are a great way to add ambiance to a room, as well as control energy consumption
- To create a focal point in your living room, create a gallery wall. Use different sized frames but have a consistent theme to keep the display uniform
Send us your photos!
Do you think you will implement any of these ideas? Do you have a favorite room or piece of art in your home? Share your comments below, and send us your own interior design photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our blog or Facebook page!